Thursday, March 15, 2012

Brick-Bread French Toast

So the bread didn't turn out as I hoped. Skinny, dense loaves.

Bread (ours was a homemade whole wheat - loaves about 1 1/2 inches thick)
Cream Cheese Frosting
1 pint canned pears
2 cups whey (could use milk if you don't have whey)
6 eggs
1 cup milk
cinnamon
cloves
vanilla


Sliced the thin loaves in half, spread cream cheese frosting on top and put them back together. Then slice them about 1/2 slices. Drain and dice the pears and spread them over the bottom of a 8x11 pan. Lay sliced bread at an angle in the pan. Pour over whey. Whisk seasoning and eggs together, add milk and whisk thoroughly. Pour over the top. Let it sit over night. Bake at 375 for 45 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds delicious but I want a picture so a) I can pin it,, and b) I can drool, and c) I can hope it comes out properly :)

    ReplyDelete

tell me whatcha think!