Sunday, June 27, 2010

"Spice of Life" Chili

3 lbs stew beef or top round cut into cubes or thick strips (1" x 2")
3 bottles of Widmer Hefeweizen
2 tbs chopped jalapenos (canned)
2 cloves minced garlic
2 tbs cinnamon powder
2 tbs ground cocoa powder
2 tbs ground cumin
2 tbs Mexican Chili Powder
1 stick butter
2 medium white onions diced
2 yellow bell peppers diced
1 large can of ro*tel tomatoes and chillies (2 quarts, I think)
3 -14 oz cans tomato sauce
1 cup white sugar
3 - 14 oz cans red kidney beans - drained

Marinate meat in beer, jalapenos, garlic, cinnamon, cocoa, cumin and chili powder in fridge for 6-8 hours in the refrigerator. Sear beef on grill (or in fry pan). Reserve marinade.
Melt butter in stock pot. Sautee onions and bell peppers until tender. Add meat and marinade. Bring to a boil for 4 minutes. Add Rotel, tomato sauce. Simmer for 1 hour or more. Add sugar and beans and return to a boil, simmer for 15 minutes. Serve or freeze!

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious, Sarah. I do NOT have a good beef chili recipe so I will be trying this next week. Thanks for sharing! I'm sure my husband will thank you.

    ReplyDelete

tell me whatcha think!